Logo

Chrysler Marine Straight 8 194849 Exhaust Manifold

J

John Couch

Anyone know where I might fin

Anyone know where I might find a replacement exhaust manifold for this engine which is the original engine for my a 1949 Hacker Craft Utility? If not does anyone know who might be able to repair an old manifold?

"John, Osco carries a lot of

"John, Osco carries a lot of manifolds & elbows for classic engines. The links on this site might help. If you can't find a source for a replacement, talk to a machine shop about welding what I gather is a crack in yours. Bear in mind that most exhaust manifolds corrode from the inside out and internal holes and weak spots usually can't be seen.

If you're an ACBS member (and you should be with a great old boat like a Hacker!), use the club's resources for repair contacts. There are numerous specialty shops, mostly in the northeast and great lakes, that can help you. Good luck!
"

I'm told that BARR keeps

I'm told that BARR keeps the drawings for old manifolds. At least they did for the obsolete Chrysler Crown flathead. For a price they will make you one I'm told. Think they are still in business but moved out of Philadelphia PA.

John; Is it a cast manifold or

John; Is it a cast manifold or one of the copper water jackets? One or two carbs? I'm just finishing a rebuild of a copper unit for my 1950 6 cyl. Crown here in Vermont. I'm did lots of research and would be glad to help if you're doing the same job.
Grant

"Congrats not only for restori

"Congrats not only for restoring such an old beauty, but also for retaining its original drivetrain. I recall reading of a shop (??) that specializes in building antique manifolds, but--sad to say--I don't remember the name. They are out there, though.

Good luck!

Jeff"

"Jeff,

There is a shop on L

"Jeff,

There is a shop on Long Island, NY that fabricates, manifolds...

Marine Manifold Corp., 631-694-0714

"... hard to find and custom marine exhaust components and systems.""

Back