Logo

Volvo 41a slow start off

tom

Regular Contributor
" when first using my boat,the

" when first using my boat,the 41a bogs.Even after being warmed up.When held wide open, only turns to maybe 2000rpms , after 10-15 sec.it will kick in and turn to 3200? After that it seems to go fine and take off fine . I've tried the following ,injectors,turbo,fuel filters,tank pickup, there was some sludge intially but I have taken care of that. Fuel pump ? Also had the prop recon.from 20x20 to a 19x21 . Alot of smoke at first takeoff. "

" you say at wide open ,is tha

" you say at wide open ,is that under wAY OR NO LOAD AT THE DOCK??what color smoke are you getting black or white? "

"Let us know if we can help

"Let us know if we can help

Regards,
Mike A. Valdes
President & Sales Manager
Mavex Corporation
7296 NW 44th St.
Miami, Fl 33166
Tel: 305-436-1860
Fax: 305-436-1861
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.mavex.com

Factory Authorized Sales & Service For:
VOLVO PENTA, YANMAR, MERCRUISER
KUBOTA / PHASOR, WESTERBEKE

Distributor for Latin America:
PULSE DRIVE surface drives"

" when its under a load.Grey/b

" when its under a load.Grey/black smoke.With no load and warmed up it turns to 4200rpms,after being used.Thanks for the help.I haven't tried to clean it out when tied up.No load. "

" gray/ black smoke is a sign

" gray/ black smoke is a sign over fueling or lack of air.you say you check the turbo,dose it turn very freely when you flip the impeller or is it a little stickey? chould something be causeing high exhaust back pressure?how about the air strainer?
when tied up to dock it whould be nice to know if
it acts the same as under load "

" the engine clears out when r

" the engine clears out when revved ,tied at float.Another thing,it has wet exhaust,possibly to small diameter-its 3.5 id. The turbo spins freely with no hanging up.Air cleaner is clean and new. It acts the same when tied up.Also its starting hard,fires rough at first then starts picking up.? Cold climate 20-30 degrees. "

" it now sounds like the fuel

" it now sounds like the fuel system is looseing pressure.are there eny fuel leakes, dose the system have a check valve. mit try primeing the system next time befor stsrting engine.the wet exhaust mit becaused from rough runing caused from the fuel system,the cold climate don,t help "

"We have been in the diesel en

"We have been in the diesel engine parts business for about 15 years and have recently started selling engine overhaul parts for Volvo Penta diesel engines. Please pass the word along that we sell these parts and if you have any suggestions for advertising these parts in publications that are popular with marine diesel mechanics I would appreciate any input. Thanks, Bob
Parts Supply Corporation phone 269 673 4146
fax 269 673 7226 email: [email protected]
Engine Overhaul Kit: includes: pistons, liners, piston rings, piston pins, piston pin retainers, connecting rod bearings, main crankshaft bearings, thrust bearings, gasket set, front crankshaft seal and rear crankshaft seal,
Piston & Liner Kits: include: pistons, liners, piston rings, piston pins, piston pin retainers,
Engine Re-Ring Kits: includes: piston rings, connecting rod bearings, main crankshaft bearings, thrust bearings, gaskets,
Piston Kits: includes: pistons, piston rings, piston pin retainers, piston pins,
Partial List:
VOLVO PENTA ENGINES
MD31A TMD31B TMD31D TMD31 L TAMD31B TAMD31D TAMD31 TAMD31 SOLAS AD31B D31B D31D KAD32 KAD32P TMD41B TMD41D TMD41 LD TAMD41B TAMD41 TAMD41D TAMD41L AD41B AD41D D41D D41 SOLAS AQAD41 AQAD41B AQAD41D TAMD42 TAMD42A TAMD42B TAMD42D KAMD42 KAMD42A KAMD42B KAMD42B KAD42 KAD42A KAD42B KAD42D KAMD43 KAMD43A KAMD43B KAMD43D KAD43 KAD43A KAD43B KAD43D KAMD44 KAMD44A KAMD44B KAMD44B KAMD44D KAD44 KAD44A KAD44B KAD44D KAMD300 KAMD300A KAD300 KAD300A TAMD60 TAMD60A TAMD61 TAMD61A TAMD63 TAMD63A TAMD70 TAMD72 TAMD72A"

Check the shut down solenoid

Check the shut down solenoid and exhaust brake (if so equiped). I have seen both of these offer simmilar symptoms

" thanks for ur help marv,the

" thanks for ur help marv,the problem was a leaking injector and some left over sludge in the fuel.Are there any mods. you know of to this engine to increase hp.My previous 41 seemed to have more kick. Pump adjustments,injector pressure settings etc. Also I still have my old 41 out bac in de yard.Tanks "

"HELP!!!!!!!!I have a ad41d 19

"HELP!!!!!!!!I have a ad41d 1994 model that while running at 3500 rpm poped then started creating enough base pressure to push oil back up the dipstick.It has a definite miss on one cylinder but runs good and blows no smoke.There is no intermingling of engine fluids or any other sign of damage.Just a lot!!!!! of base pressure.Help me! [email protected] or 805-441-2697 if you have any info. May need to purchase a piston and liner kit.Call if you have any info."

Back