Logo

Suzuki 70 4stroke wont start

B

bullstuff

" Hello everyone,
I am new to

" Hello everyone,
I am new to the marine scene, but have been an a mechanic for some time now. Ok, heres the problem... I got a boat, that has a "newwer" Suzuki 70 4-stroke, I am told it is about 3 years old. So, it sat for at least a year. Now I am tring to start it, and it turns over, but will not run. If I take off the (air cleaner???) and I put a little fuel into it, it fires right up and runs for a little bit. I followed the fuel line as far as the (fuel pump?) and it seemed to be dry. I am just curious if anyone has any ideas, that might be more at the source before I continue. Thanks in advance everyone!!!! "

" Ok, I fiddled with it a litt

" Ok, I fiddled with it a little more. I am not getting fuel to the injectors, but am getting fuel to the device before the injectors. I am still lost. Any ideas will be considered gold, but taken for free. Thanks.... "

"I had the same issue, I had l

"I had the same issue, I had lost the ground in the ECU, managed to alter it and grounded the wires to the block and it started right up. Do you get the beep when you turn the ignition key on?"

Back