Logo

Volvo Inline 6 Part found inside of engine

D

doney6

" While replacing the thermost

" While replacing the thermostat on my AQ170 inline 6, I found what I thought was a penny. Upon further investigation it has stamped on it "Guarantee Void if Removed" Does anyone know where this part came from? There is a place at the top of the distribution housing that it might fit, but I don't know. The fact that the engine is a 1976 I figure the warranty is up by now. I have had cooling issues with this engine. It looks like it would have been possible for this disc to cover a water passage if it bounced in the right spot.
This message is actually a continuation of my posting back on 8/15/03. I haven't had the boat out since and I'm just now getting the time to fix it.
Thanks for your help! "

Doney...I have seen these typ

Doney...I have seen these type tags glued on to freeze plugs on remanufactured engines. They are designed to fall off if engine over heats.
Ray

" Thanks Ray! The previous ow

" Thanks Ray! The previous owner said this was a remanufactured engine. The engine did overheat last year. (Raw water impeller went out). From the amount of rust on the tag, I'd say it fell off a while ago. What confuses me is that it was on the inside of the engine. Is is normal for the tag to be on the inside of the engine? I never would have found it if I hadn't changed the thermostat. "

Back