Logo

24GL Volvo Penta Stern Drive Trim not working

jess

" Please help,

2.4GL Volvo

" Please help,

2.4GL Volvo Penta Stern Drive Trim not working

Roomate hooked up the battery with reverse polarity and now the trim will not work. All other electricals seem to work fine. Tried resetting the 6amp circuit and checked the 10amp fuse which was not blown. Does anyone have any ideas. "

Also please note in addition

Also please note in addition to above. The engine turns over fine and idles fine but when you give it any gas it wil begin to go and then stall.

" Jess,
Do you have a multi m

" Jess,
Do you have a multi meter? Check to ensure you have power to the trim motor when the button is engaged. If you do, then the motor is probably bad. If not, check the relay to ensure you are getting power to the smaller gage wires. You will only get power to read on BOTH wires when the button is pushed. If you are, try to "jumper" across the two larger gage wires. If it engages the motor, the relay is bad. If you are getting no power to the smaller gage wires, check the button itself.
Good luck,

CJ "

"I have a 2000 Regal 1800 with

"I have a 2000 Regal 1800 with the Volvo Penta 4.3GL/190 hp. I cannot get power trim to lower outdrive. Switch in shifting lever moved outdrive up fine, but now it is stuck in the up position. I can hear the pump run when I briefly position power trim switch up, but hear nothing from power trim motor/pump when I position it down. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance."

Back