Logo

What year is my mercury

D

daredvl_73

its searial # 7186330 18hp m

its searial # 7186330 18hp mercury automatic with electric start. also wondering where turnoff switch is?????

Looks like mid 80s Canadian B

Looks like mid 80s Canadian Build Motor. Not quite sure
. Hope this helps.

The 18hp is a mid 80's en

The 18hp is a mid 80's engine and there is no stop button or turnoff switch!! You have to stop the engine with the emergency kill switch!! My 87 35hp merc works the same way!!

" According to my books, the m

" According to my books, the motor is a 1982. There should be a stop button on the end of the tiller arm in the center of the twist grip. "

" I need a bit of help identif

" I need a bit of help identifying a Merc 9.8hp. I have not yet looked at the motor, but the seller is saying it is a 1986 model. According to my research 86 was a 9.9hp. So it has to be an 85 at the newest, right?
He did say it had blue stripes, though some of you might be Mercury experts by eye. Right off hand does anyone have an idea of a range of years they had blue stripes on the 9.8hp outboards?? I am going to have him get the serial# before I drive 2 1/2 hrs to look and find out it is a 60's model motor. But until he gets back to me, any help would be most appreciated.

If replying directly remove the "NOSPAM." from my address please otherwise i'll watch for post here on this site.

Thanks "

" Need help to determine what

" Need help to determine what year and model this motor that my father inlaw just purchased. It is a Mercury 65 Hp Four, it has some numbers on it: 1897605 and 4D-1865 KIEKHAEFER CORP. We need this information to purchase a service manual for it. "

I don't know the year of m

I don't know the year of my outboard it's a mercury 200 20hp thunderbolt can you help me i have the serial#7099428 looked on a few site can find the serial#

Back