Logo

Mercury Dude Can you help me again

C

charles perini

" I have a trim motor (&#3

" I have a trim motor ('86 merc 90hp) that only works going down. I bypassed the up trim solenoid with a short wire and raised the motor fine. I replaced the up trim solenoid thinking that was the problem but the trim up still doesnt work. The motor must be ok if I can raise it with a bypass wire but if it isnt that solenoid, whatelse should I look at? Any suggestions? Thanks again. "

" Check the wiring on the swit

" Check the wiring on the switch. I had a switch that would work only some times. It turned out to be a broken wire in the control box. When I would move the throttle, the connection would move apart. It could also just be a bad switch. Use a meter to check the wires coming from the switch. Have someone move the switch while you check it. This should help you narrow it.
Hope this helps.
Good luck and have fun on the Water. "

I have a 1986 mercury 75hp 4c

I have a 1986 mercury 75hp 4cyl both fuel jet plugs were broke I replaced them and it runs fine but now the only way it will start hot or cold is if I pour gas in the spark plug holes first what could the problem be and how can I fix it Thanks AL

Back