Logo

Blown 1987 OMC 350 help replacement options

N

Nathan Swensen

I have a 1987 Bayliner Cierra

I have a 1987 Bayliner Cierra 2450 24ft cabin cruiser. I am new to boating and threw a rod on my third time out approx 4300 rpms. My cam broke and several pistins did too. The block is trashed
also pistons didn't all match so I know I got shafted from the guy who sold it too me.
Anyway I am looking for the cheapest way to get it back together too use less than 100 hours a year and sell in a year or too.
the block casting # is 14093638 and heads are 1410293. I was told this is an 87-95 chevy pickup motor. I want to use my current intake and carb because all the linkage is hooked too it
any advice on a crate truck motor or marine only replaced I just want to get to tle lake and troll a little in Iowa the lakes I got to are only a couple miles in diameter.
thanks for any advice

"Nathan,
You may be in luck.

"Nathan,
You may be in luck. I have a friend who is about to drop a 5.7L into his Four Winds (almost totally aluminum engine). There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with his Mercruiser 5.0 that's in there now. Relatively low hours too. He just wants more "Ummph". His boat is a 20 ft cabin cruiser and tops at about 47 mph with that 5.0L. Your accessories would probably bolt right up. Don't know what he wants for it but I'm sure it'll be a lot cheaper than anything else, and a lot less work. I think he was planning to list it on e-bay or something like that but if you're interested, drop me an e-mail [email protected]
He's an NCO in the Army (as am I) so you can be assured that he's an honest guy. You would probably have to pick it up at Ft Campbell KY. Let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.

CJ"

"Hello Nathan.
I have several

"Hello Nathan.
I have several options at your disposal. Including new or used. I will however need a little bit more information on your engine, because 1987 is the break period for a couple of changes. If you want to make this a smooth change you can call me toll free at 1-800-748-7739 or outside the U.S. 954-927-2999. You may also email [email protected].
thank you, Gabriel Acher - Dania Marine Corp."

" this may or may not be relev

" this may or may not be relevant due to the year of your boat, but if your omc is a stringer outdrive you'll have to use your omc exhaust manifolds because the mercruiser manifolds are too long. The trim motor is in the way. As long as your present manifolds are in good shape, no problem. "

Back