Logo

55 HP CHRYSLER HELP

E

ERIC BANKS

I AM HAVING ALL KINDS OF TROU

I AM HAVING ALL KINDS OF TROUBLE WITH THIS ENGINE.
I JUST BOUGHT THIS BOAT AND EVERYTIME I TAKE IT ON THE WATER. SOMETHING GOES WRONG. I LIVE IN ARKANSAS AND FINDING PARTS OR SOMEONE TO WORK ON ONE IS LIKE PULLING TEETH. ANY HELP OR ADVICE OR DISCUSSION IS WELL APPRECIATED. ERIC BANKS

" If you just bought it, and a

" If you just bought it, and are having a variety of problems, then I would suggest starting with a good all around tune up. Check and clean and regap, replace it needed, on the points and plugs. Rebuild the carb(s), new fuel filter, new water pump impellor. Change lower unit oil, and note the consistancy of what come out of it. Milky oil indicates water in the lower unit which in turn indicates a need for replacing seals and gaskets. Verify that you are using the correct oil/fuel mix. 50:01 (1 pint tcw-3 to 6 gallons of gas) is most common but some motors do vary a bit.

other than that, as indicated by Billy C. above, give us a description of a specific problem and we can help with advice on that problem. Keep fixing them one at a time until you have no problems.

acquiring a good set of service and parts manuals is a must if you intend to do the work yourself, and deep pockets are a must if you intend to have it serviced by a shop. "

eric the first thing you ough

eric the first thing you ought to do is a compression test' no compression it will never run right.

i am parting out an older 55

i am parting out an older 55 hp chrysler if you need parts let me know

Back