Logo

Changing Chrysler 318s to Vortec 350s

trannic

" I have a pair of Chrysler 31

" I have a pair of Chrysler 318s in non-working condition. The compression checks told me both need need to be replaced. The carbs/ distributors/ alternators/ exhaust manifolds all look in need of replacement. The pair consist of a clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation. They are mounted to Paragon V-Drives.

I was told I could replace them with pair of 350/5.7L engines (clockwise and counterclockwise of course).

What do I need to be concerned with in terms of mounting them up to the existing Paragon V-Drives? I am new to some of this, does the Bell Housing from the 318s match with the 350s or do I need the Bell Housings specific to them? Do I just need to matchup the flywheel size?

My main concern here is the transmission matchup. Yes I know I will have to redo the motor mounts but what other concerns are there?

Thanks... "

"Hello Trannic,

There is no

"Hello Trannic,

There is no problem hooking up another pair of engines to your paragon transmissions. However you do need to use a std. and rev. rotation engine. I would need some more information regarding your boat. If you like you can email me at [email protected] or you can call me toll free in the U.S. 1-800-748-7739 or 954-927-2999 outside the U.S. . Ill be glad to help you with all information or parts necessary.

Thank you, Gabriel Acher - Dania Marine Corp."

"I sell the left and right com

"I sell the left and right complete or semi complete 350's Left and right's call me with your zip code or email

[email protected]

be sure to include all boat info and engine and a zip code where you are gonna need the engines delivered to, and I can quote shipping to you.
I would reccomend you have the v-drives and trans gone thru at this point in the Repower
or you can
http://www.affordablemarine.com
call 1-860-635-BOAT"

" I am looking for bell housin

" I am looking for bell housing and oil pan for velvet drive to front of small block chevy. flag ship, chris craft or whatever. "

Back