Reeds on my 1963 johnson 75hp v4

bobby

" Do these ever brake or get c

" Do these ever brake or get cloged up?
or need cleaning and adjusting?
Thanks,
Bobby "

Rarely break. Dirt or debris

Rarely break. Dirt or debris can hold them open.Have seen boats that were parked near or under trees suffer from leaves holding reeds open.On your 75 they are easy to check just pull the intake manifold off(below the carburetor) and look at them.

" Thanks will i need a seal ki

" Thanks will i need a seal kit to put it back on or can i just use some sealer..?
The motor idles great just wont open up put it in full throttle and just idles around .. I been thru a lot just not the reeds.. Just curious if this could be the prob,,?
Thanks! Sparky "

" Is the motor running on all

" Is the motor running on all four cylinders??Is the belt timing correct?When the motor is at full throttle shine a flashlight into the carburetor bores and compare the amount of fuel going into them.The spark should jump at least a gap of 5/16" on each cylinder.If the gasket is not damaged it can be used again.Be very,very careful with sealers. Most people use too much which can damage a motor. "

" Yes all 4...
belt timing GO

" Yes all 4...
belt timing GOOD!.
Need to check the spark... It might not be that strong? Mag-neto. Full throttle It runs same as idle.... It dont flood,,

And I will be careful with the seal.
And paint on the sealer. If needed..
Thanks, "

Back