Logo

Merc 110 98 electric ser# 4548366 YEARKIT

M

mike brantley

" Hello, looks like this place

" Hello, looks like this place has all the info and you fellas know what your doing so i should ask ,,,,,i have a mercury 110 electric (9.8) serial # 4548366 i would like to know the year and if they make a 15hp kit for it,,or can i drill the jet out if they have any,,any option boost in power would be helpfull,,hope to hear from someone,,,,,,,,thank you "

" There's no way to bump t

" There's no way to bump the 9.8hp to a 15. The 9.8hp powerhead shares parts with the 7.5, but does not have a "big" brother. If you need a 15, buy a 15. Your other course of action may involve making sure you're getting all 10 of the rated horsepower as it is now. I am surprised how may people want to "hop up" a motor only to find out the motor isn't even putting out the rated power. A good decarbon, proper motor-to-boat setup, correct propeller for the load and hull, etc. all contribute to making the most of what you have...

- Scott "

" thanks for the quick reply,,

" thanks for the quick reply,, if there was an option to bump it to a 15 i would have gone for it,, i am very satisfied with it as a 9.8,,maybe in due time i will buy a 15 instead,,,did you happen to find out the year,, the dealer i found it at said it was a 1984,, but im not too sure about his word sometimes,, i have a few nit-pic parts i would like to order online,,,,thank you again "

" Hi Mike,
Your serial work

" Hi Mike,
Your serial works out to be a 1976 model. Many basic parts still available through your Merc dealer...
- Scott "

" According to my book it is a

" According to my book it is a 1976, the starting serial # for 1984 is 6438338. "

" Thank you!,, you just re-inf

" Thank you!,, you just re-inforced the trust in my dealer ,,ill not be going back to him again,,but overall the 110 merc is still a solid motor,,,i appreciate your help,,you guys know your stuff,,,,,,THANKS "

" I am looking for a Mercury P

" I am looking for a Mercury Propeller for a 9.8 HP Merc 110, 1964 vintage. It is a twin blade, 6 spline Prop., manual start. The engine Serial number is 1703452. I would appreciate any leads as to where I might find one. Thank You! "

Back