Logo

Chrysler 318 Blown engine

beachwalker

" Have a contract on a boat wi

" Have a contract on a boat with twin Chrysler 318's. When we were out for sea test and survey the port engine blew a rod - it was so severe that it blew off a part of the engine block. I have renegoitated a new deal on the vessel with a rebuilt "short block". However the shop has reported that the oil pan has "holes in it" AND THEY CANNOT FIND A REPLACEMENT. They are considering "repairing" the Aluminum oil pan. Do I want a repaired oil pan on a newly rebuilt engine or can someone tell me where a iol pan might be procured. The engines are 210 HP chrysler 1968 318's. Thanks, Ken "

Standard practice is to repla

Standard practice is to replace it. Call BPI @(252) 504-3355. They probably have it.

I have a 1978 Penn Yan tunnel

I have a 1978 Penn Yan tunnel drive with a chrysler 318 inboard in it. I have a chronic over heating problem almost everytime I run the boat it over heats. I was wondering if anyone has an answer for this problem. I am guessing it is either a water pump or a thermostat problem so if anyone knows which type of thermostat I need and where i can get one. Or if anyone knows the boat and has any other ideas. Any help I could get would be great. Thanks Frank

Back