Logo

OMC 200hp trim not working

K

Keith Carlson

I have an OMC 200hp I/O This

I have an OMC 200hp I/O This is the stringer out drive and the trim is not working. It is stuck in the extrem up position. This is the trim that lifts the front of the motor up and down to adjust the trim. When I try to put it down all it does is click. What may be the problem. K

" Keith, several issues might

" Keith, several issues might be here. Been awhile since I've worked on these but I'll see if my memory is still intact. Here is a checklist.
1. make sure battery connections are clean and tight.
2. check fuses and the helm switch. I assume these are good if you are getting a click.
3. check your connections to the motor that drives the worm gear, corrosion will sap all the power.
4. make sure the units ground wire is clean.
5. I can't remember if there is a solonoid on that puppy, I think there is, make sure all those connections are clean.
7. try running the motor uninstalled, if that works you might have just over-run the limits and jammed the lift mech in the up position. If you can get at it with some type of wrench give the screw portion a turn and make sure it is free to turn.
8. last, if everything is clean and you have good power the solonoid might have gone bad, this happens.
Good luck "

" Kieth,
I have the same driv

" Kieth,
I have the same drive and have also had that problem. There is a solenoid for both up and down.
My problem was the motor itself. It had leaked water into the case and had corrosion. I rebuilt it once due to this problem. This fix lasted about 2 yrs. Later I replaced the motor with a new one. The motor can be removed by itself. There are just a couple of bolts that hold it in. There is also a coupling that is on the end of the motor shaft. Access is limited but possible. "

" Cal/Bob, Thank you for this

" Cal/Bob, Thank you for this valuable information. As soon as the snow goes away here in MN. and the temp rises I'll get a chance to look into this. Thanks Again! "

" Geeeesh,, forget everything

" Geeeesh,, forget everything I said. It's all lies, Viking fans---- I live 'nort' of Green Bay :) "

you also have a hammer blow c

you also have a hammer blow clutch on that and the spring might be broke usually happens when you bring it down to fast though

Back