Logo

2002 Evinrude 115hp

ghost

" First i am sorry for so many

" First i am sorry for so many questions but I am trying to buy a used boat and one with the above motor just became available. I am not sure if it is carb or fuel injected. I know the 115 is fuel injected for 04 but not sure of status in 02.
I will insist on compression test and gear oil check as well as sea trial.

Any opinions, warnings, or concerns would be appreciated.
thanks "

" How many boats are you going

" How many boats are you going to buy???????? Still should seek the service maintenance records.
The 115 Evinrude is a Ficht(direct injection) motor. The 115 Johnson was a carb motor. You can have the history, as far as warranty, of the motor checked by any Johnson/Evinrude dealer. Just give them the serial # of the motor, and they can check it on-line. On the Ficht motor the service tech can find the current history, hours, faults, RPM profile, etc. by hooking the motor up to a laptop, as long as he has the proper software. "

" motor serial # 04980430, mod

" motor serial # 04980430, model E115FPLSNF
C/E 10/2001

I am only going to buy one boat, but I am trying not to make a mistake. I got the above data off the motor last night.
It is advertized as a 2002 but the C/E 10/2001.

I am going to try and contact Evinrude. "

Engine is in fact an 02 model

Engine is in fact an 02 model. the ser # you gave shows factory warranty until July 05. I have an 01 with 300 hrs and no problem.buy the deal.

i just got a 2002 evinrude ficth 115hp last year , the guy that had it before ran ethanol fuel in motor on the lake motor ran fine then started acting up , i drained fuel tank put gas in it ran fine last summer at end of season it died didnt want to start did the plugs filters and replaced the fuel pump doesnt want to turn over checked all fuses ect, lift pump is running when trying to start when done cranking i get a small pooof and end like not enough spark , driving me nuts , any ideas

i just got a 2002 evinrude ficth 115hp last year , the guy that had it before ran ethanol fuel in motor on the lake motor ran fine then started acting up , i drained fuel tank put gas in it ran fine last summer at end of season it died didnt want to start did the plugs filters and replaced the fuel pump doesnt want to turn over checked all fuses ect, lift pump is running when trying to start when done cranking i get a small pooof and end like not enough spark , driving me nuts , any ideas
Ya you should start your own thread. This one is 20yrs old. I'm sure you will probably get more help that way.

Back