Logo

Detroit 6V53TI opinions

J

Jagsare1

I am looking at a boat with a

I am looking at a boat with a 1990 6V53TI at 400 hp. More familiar with 6-71's and 3208's but don't know too much about the 53 series. What can you tell me about it and would you want one in your boat? What should I expect for longevity and reliability at 400 hp? Thanks

" 53 SERIES ENGINE IS A GOOD U

" 53 SERIES ENGINE IS A GOOD UNIT.THERE ARE LOTS OF THEM USED IN MARINE AND INDUSTAL. MYSELF I LIKE THE 71 SERIES BEST.LONGEVITY SHOULD BE SAME AS THE 71 SERIES.THE MAIN THING TO WATCH IS MANITANCES, OIL ,OIL FILTERS, FUEL FILTERS AND WATER SEPORATORS. "

" I have a boat with two of th

" I have a boat with two of these, they are in fact very reliable and powerful, a bit noisy, but al two stroke are.
I Would like to get performance and technical secs for this engine, do you know where I can get them? "

I have a pair in my 46' C

I have a pair in my 46' Chris and love them. Smooth running and performers. Take good care of them and they will take care of you.
Oene Pomper

I have twin 6V53T? in my boat

I have twin 6V53T? in my boatand I need to change the fuel filters. How do you prime the engine after letting fuel out of the system?
Brad

"As I understand it, thats the

"As I understand it, thats the beauty of the Detroits. Not necessary to prime. An 'ol mech told me "If fuel is within 4' of a DD, they will start & run"."

I am looking for rebuilt or go

I am looking for rebuilt or good used Detroit diesel 6V53TI. Please let me know if you can help me.

Back