Logo

Volvo Penta AQAD41 Oil Pressure Problems

M

Marcelo Oliveira

I suspect my engine has a int

I suspect my engine has a internal problem because it is taking more than 15sec for the oil pressure to reach +30psi during a cold start. The low oil pressure alarm goes away after 10sec. The oil presure gauge neddle moves slowly to 30psi during start. During normal operation presure stays around 59psi and engine temp around 85oF. If attempt to go full throttle oil pressute goes to 61psi and engine temp to 95oF. Already changed Oil Filter and Engine Oil. Also checked the springs/spheric valve on the Oil Return Line. Suspect that the Oil Heat Exchanger might me partially clogged.
Does anyone have any other suggestion or any other items I might be checking to troubleshoot this problem? What is the life limit for the Oil Cooler? or this is normal to happen?
Appreciate your help! Marcelo

" SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIT HAVE A G

" SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIT HAVE A GAUGE PROBLEM,OIL PRESS SHOULD RUN HOT 59.7-71.1 lbf/in2 AND WATER TEMP SHOULD RUN 190.4F-197.6F.
ON THE OIL COOLER,YOU MIT WANT TO REMOVE THE FORWORD PRESSURE VALE ON THE OIL FILTER BRACKET THIS ONE CONTROLS ENGINE OIL PRESSURE.VALVE MIT BE STUCK OPEN. "

"Hello guys any body know what

"Hello guys any body know what oil/ good oil goaes in the AQAD41 , Any help would be greatly appriciated. Tim"

sae 15w-40. I use Shell Rimula

sae 15w-40. I use Shell Rimula X or Shell Rimula Super.change it every 150 hours or yearly.

Back