Logo

Blown oil filter gasket

R

roy rodgers

" started my old perkins and w

" started my old perkins and with in a few seconds heard massive amounts of fluid leave the engine.shut down the engine ,and milky gray oil every where.I replaced filter and gasket start up and same results .major oil clean up. what is the problem ,oil not flowing ,I need some help. "

" Roy...... When removing the

" Roy...... When removing the old filter, did you check to make sure that the old sealing gasket was also removed? I installed a oil filter one time and inadvertently left the old gasket there. This resulted in two gaskets being installed. Oil went everywhere!

Joe "

Same thing happened to me onc

Same thing happened to me once. The old gasket was stuck to the block so when I took the filter off and installed the new one it wound up with two filters and like Joe says ..... it was everywhere. I saw this post earlier and it did not even occur to me but now that Joe brings it up I would bet a dime against the hole in a donut that is what has happened.

" Roy, Is it possible that wa

" Roy, Is it possible that water has entered your motor, and when you start it, the pressure causes the lighter oil to be expelled? That would explain the milky color of the oil. Also I have seen this in a gas sterndrive. Rainwater rose high enough to get into the motor via the breather or dipstick. Motor pumped oil out upon starting, since oil floated on top of water in crankcase. "

Back