Logo

892TI Detroit Diesel Need imput please

S

Steve French

" I am considering a boat with

" I am considering a boat with this engine and am not familiar with them at all. Any information would be good. Reliability, Are they easily worked on. Are manuals and parts available. Has the engine been made for a long time and is it still. What kind of fuel consumption? Thanks so much, Steve "

" the engine are reliabily,the

" the engine are reliabily,there are 1000,s in use,how ever dda no longer make them or any two cyl.there are and will be parts for them for many yrs.i think dda make a exchange engine.fuel consumption will run around 23.8 gal/hr at 2100,and full load. look on ebay for books and some parts. just go to detroit diesel.you want to keep up on fuel filters service. "

i have recently bought a boat

i have recently bought a boat with a detroit v6 7series 2stroke 400hp in her unfortuntly she has just droped a piston or her rings have broke up i am trying to either find out were to get spairs from and how easy it is to get it fixed or if it is worth it any help greatly received

" garry, 6v71 engine and it mu

" garry, 6v71 engine and it must have a turbo on it to be 400 hp.look under detroit diesel engines in the phone book for a repair shop. engine depending on whats wrong should be worth fixing.parts are no problem to get.hope this helps. "

" Thanks for all the imput, ve

" Thanks for all the imput, very helpful. Sorry I wasn't much help but somebody came to the rescue. Thanks again, Steve "

Back