Logo

EVINRUDE TILLER

G

Gary G

I just bought a 1983 ER 50hp

I just bought a 1983 ER 50hp 2cyl with a tiller handle on it. I am not familiar with how it works. The handle has two buttons on it. One by the fuel control and one at the base. Which button does what ????

The "ER" indicates it

The "ER" indicates it is an 84. There should be a starter and a stop button. The stop button should be at the end of the twist grip. The starter should be on the lower motor pan.

Thanks Tom. I wrote ER instea

Thanks Tom. I wrote ER instead of Evinrude...Sorry. I have another question...When I press the starter button I hear the fuel primer activating but I am getting no power to the starter solinoid. The kill switch looks like it has newer wires on it. I do not have a wire diagram for the tiller application. Can you give me some direction on how the kill wires are hooked up ???
Gary

" I would think that the prime

" I would think that the primer and start are a seperate function.There should be a seperate push button to crank the motor, on a factory equipped tiller it should be able to crank in nuetral only and it is accessable thru a hole on the shift lever. "

" I figured it out. Sparky you

" I figured it out. Sparky you are correct, the start button is on the side of the shift handle and the primer is on top...
Thanks,
Gary G "

Back