Logo

671TIs Fuel leak

tgcasey

"I am looking at a boat that h

"I am looking at a boat that has 671TIs. When I had the engines surveyed two issues were found:

1. A fuel leak was found in the casting of the head. The engine shop I used for the survey said they could try drilling, tapping and plugging the leak. If that did not work the head would need to be replaced. I am a little concerned about the plug approach.

2. The engines would only come up 2275/2300 RPMs. I was told that they should come up to 2550. Is this correct? I checked the props and they are correct based on the specs...

Thanks in advance

Tom"

"IF HEAD CASTING IS LEAKING AT

"IF HEAD CASTING IS LEAKING AT A CRACK THEN IT IS PROBLY CRACKED INSIDE ,IT MIT HOLD FOR A LITTE BET.
2300 RPM IS OK AT FULL LOAD."

Thanks

At 2300 RPMs the boa

Thanks

At 2300 RPMs the boat was doing about 24kts which from everything I have read about the boat (12 Meter Trojan International) 24kts should be the cruise speed with a top speed of 28-30kts.

The air boxes were removed for the survey and there was no sign of excessive wear on the rings or skirts.

The boost pressure was 8 PSI which they indicated was a little low but acceptable...

Tom

Back