Logo

What year Engine do I have

mdgolds

"I recently purchased a boat t

"I recently purchased a boat that has a Yanmar 3GM30 replacement. I have had conflicting information on the year of the engine. One person told me that it is a 1993 and another told me it's a 2001. According to the survey, the serial number is 13268. Can anyone help me confirm the correct year? Thank you."

They hate new members I guess.

They hate new members I guess. I'm looking for the same information on SN# 12416. Zero responses so far.

"oh yeah then bleed system and

"oh yeah then bleed system and when you come to bleeding the injector lines put the thottle in full forward position,check air cleaner,change engine oil and filter,oh yeah oil is taken out via dipstick housing or hole"

"For what ever reason, Yanmar

"For what ever reason, Yanmar do not place importance to s/n's. Where the s/n is written, check to the left side and see if there is a letter "E" in green ink in printed on the ID Tag. The number alone will be punched in on the tag to the right. Later on Yanmar engines have been assembled in Holland, Ths started around 1995. That is why you have a letter E on the tag. The early Japan assembled engines had no letter. Also check the sea water pump. The Europe engines used a Johnston raw water pump, made in Sweden. The Japan model only had a number with a letter on the body. So your s/n 13268 may be E13268 Contact a Yanmar distributor and get him to check their inventory and he may find a s/n close to yours and ball park when your enjine was produced. Yanmar do not stock or store engines, they only make for what is ordered and ship out when complete. You will need an exact model as I have seen same s/n for different models. When asking Japan for dates I have never been given a answer. Regards Ron"

Back