Logo

57L Mercruiser Fuel Pump

badair

"My 1999 Searay is having an i

"My 1999 Searay is having an intermittant fuel pump problem. It won't start because the fuel pump doesn't come on when you turn the key. I checked some connections and then it worked, but it's not working again. When a fuel pump goes bad is it intermittant? Where is the pump located?
Thanks
Brian"

"Brian:

Need more info.: e

"Brian:

Need more info.: engine, carb or TBI or EFI.
I've known them to just lose output pressure and then quit or just quit all together. The pressure regulator may be shot or there may be a pump relay in the circuit that is worn out; not sure w/o enough info.

Go to the following site and select your engine step by step until you find the right one. Then select fuel pump and it will show you a picture. It helps if you have the serial number.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/SelectModelType3.asp?class_id=1"

"Check the oil pressure switch

"Check the oil pressure switch and replace the relay. Even if the relay is not bad, it's 8 yrs. old and doesn't cost much."

I just went through the same p

I just went through the same problem the engine would just die. The fuel pump wouldn't turn on when turning on the key. Worked sometimes but not all the time. I had 2 relay switches that I replaced and it solved the problem. I have Marine power 454's. Picked them up at an auto store for 13 dollars each.

Back