Logo

Honda 10 HP 100 Thermostat Water Inlet

tbertw

"Hi,

We have a Honda with 1

"Hi,

We have a Honda with 100 on the cowl and it is a 9.9 or 10 HP. It is probably an 80's model. It was gotten at a Garage sale with no documentation.

It was showing very little water flow and showed slight smoking and was immediately shut down. I have read on this group to check the water intake and thermostat. We do not have an owners manual (yet).

Can someone provide some information as to where the water inlet is?

Also, we would like to know if there is a thermostat and if there is, where is it so that it can be inspected.

Thanks,
Tim and Dustin,
Spring and League City, TX"

"Hi, neighbors!
I helped my b

"Hi, neighbors!
I helped my brother buy a BF100 (ebay) for his boat in Kemah. We have the same problem -- and some strong suggestions for you. Namely: don't run it till the cooling system has been thoroughly checked and cleaned. Negative consequences are quite likely if you do. You can download the owner's manual for free from http://www.honda-marine.com. It's not very big so the download takes very little time. In it you will see that the water inlet is a samll hole on the underside of the trim plate (i.e., just above the propeller.) It's protected by a small, three side bracket so you should have no problem finding it.
If you would like, drop me an email ([email protected]) and I'll put you in touch with my brother. I'm sure you may both benefit from the conversation."

Back