Logo

Pulling engine

M

Mark Astorga

I have a 92 maxum 2700 I need

I have a 92 maxum 2700 I need to pull the engine to remove the fuel tank (its leaking)Every thing is working fine the out drive recently gone through etc so I dont want to disturb anything since it works perfect I just need to pull the motor to gain access to the fuel tank. Im an excellent car mechanic and have r&r'd many motors Is there any tricks to pulling the engine? Do I unbolt the bolts around the bell housing or is there another way to disconnect it from the O/D.every thing else seems self explanitory.. Thanks in advance Mark

"If it`s a outdrive you need t

"If it`s a outdrive you need to remove it first,when the motor is reinstalled ,you need to check the alignment .You dont mention the type of drive but most have 2 bolts in the rear and 4 lags/nuts,bolts in the front mounts."

"Mark:

Before you pull the

"Mark:

Before you pull the OD and engine to get to the tank, does it need a new floor (water logged floor) and/or carpet upgrade? If it could use it, cut the floor out and get the tank out from there. It is stapled down and comes up easy if cut into sections. Replace it with the no rot panels used now--NOT CHEAP--but won't ever rot. Or use a good grade of exterior plywood and cut to fit, then treat it with CPES, install it with SS screws and glass over it. Not hard at all.

If you want pictures of my work, email me. You won't believe what is hidden under the floor of a boat.

If it has side fuel fill and vent lines, they'll be buried in the floatation foam and will need to be replaced. If the floatation foam is water logged, you'll want to pull it out anyway to dry it and check for stringer rot and repair as needed. I replaced my tank with a rear vent and fill PVC tank."

Back