Logo

Gather Round all you TorqueShift Prop Fans

rod_stewart

Outstanding Contributor
"The boat is a 20' Blue Wa

"The boat is a 20' Blue Water Mirage with a 6.2 MAG MPI engine and a 1.47 ratio Alpha Gen II drive. I usually run a High Five 21" pitch prop, which should give 60+ mph WOT once I get it fully broken in.
I recently bought a Torque Shift prop on ebay that came with Z cams and 30# springs.
I can't seem to get it to upshift no matter what, and the engine is revving too high and the boat speed is low. It's like it's stuck in low pitch, though you can manually swivel the blades in their sockets just fine.
The Z cams are supposed to upshift the most, and keep RPM's low, and I have also removed the springs entirely (per the instructions), but no luck.
The blades were advertised as 11-26"; but I think they are actually 19-26". (I don't think Torque Shifts had an 11-26" blade option.)

Anyone any experience with these, or any ideas?

Thanks,
Rod"

It would be nice if someone wo

It would be nice if someone would design a small and light transmission to put between the engine and outdrive. that would keep the mechanics of it out of the water.

"Collin;
Thanks for the link.

"Collin;
Thanks for the link.
It seems that reliable shifting is the main issue with these.
I may dissassemble it, lube it up and give it another try.
It's raining here at the lake today, so it's an indoor kind of day, except now the power went out. Ho-hum.........
Rod"

Back