Logo

Yamaha 8HP Model 8SF SN 037121 Cooling System

L

lovefishin

"I have just replaced the impe

"I have just replaced the impeller and when I run it briefly to test I don't get any flow at all through the pee hole. I stuck my air compressor on a lower setting on the end of the water tube that goes up to the engine and it seems to be clogged. Where would I start looking for clogs in the engine? Is there a panel I can take off the engine to see inside the cooling section of the engine? This motor has sat for about 10 years without running. I have cleaned the carbs, replaced the impeller and changed the oil in the lower unit. The engine was rarely used when the previous owner was alive. Any help will be appreciated"

"I have solved my own problems

"I have solved my own problems, Thanks anyway. The cooling system had a clog in the power unit, I removed a side piece and blew out all the ports with my air compressor. I discovered build up near the exit port. After clearing this out and putting it back together It shot water out like never before, but it still didn't run worth a crap. I had just cleaned the carburetor out so I replaced the spark plugs with the manufacturers recommend plug and gapped them at the suggested gap. It still didn't run worth a crap. I have a new tank and hose so I knew this wasn't the problem so I figured it must still be the carb. I took it apart again to find dirt in it again. This was from the short line from the connection on the motor to the fuel filter. I cleaned it all out again, reassembled and it runs like new. It idles down and when you twist the throttle it responds. I love it when a plan comes together."

"I just rebuilt the water pump

"I just rebuilt the water pump on my 8 horse long shaft Yamaha and I am having trouble getting the drive spline from the prop into the upper power drive. I've put it in neutral, forward, and reverse and it dosen't seem to want to go in. There dosen't seem to be anything in the way either. any ideas?"

Back