Logo

Water in Transmission

doitkg1

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
happy.gif
Hello fellow boaters! I have a '84 Ski-Supreme with a rblt.351, & a warmer cam. The problem I'm now faced with is I see the tranny fluid is creamy, meaning H2o in it. I drained it, ran the motor at 1200RPM to get the cooling water flowing through while looking into the dip-stick hole with a flashlight. I saw droplets of water barely spitting from the front to the back of tranny. I was told that there's a cooler in-front of the tranny & it may have busted. I was quoted $240 for the repair. I'm no mechanic, nor do I know about this type of stuff. But i was wondering, is it worth it to just get the repair& possibly find out something else when they get it apart, or just get a rebuilt one from the start? Mind you, it was still working when I first started-it. I put it back in neutral once I heared the loud gurggling noises. I flushed it 4-times to be sure it was leaking water into it. But it still works."

"Thanks Jeff & JIT, $176 l

"Thanks Jeff & JIT, $176 later and I'm off to the good Ole'Columbia Rvr.! I'll use it 2-3 more times before I put a FOR-SALE sign on it. You guys have a good Holiday week-end!!!"

Back