Logo

2000 yamaha 99 stalls while idling

eroc

I have a 2000 9.9 and it will

I have a 2000 9.9 and it will idle good for about 5 min but then it seems to be starving for gas and stalls out. I raised idle helped a little but still stalls and filter is clean. It will also abruptly shut off from time to time when under throttle. Please help me someone.

if I pump the bulb again it wo

if I pump the bulb again it wont go completely flat like when you first start the engine but it does help with restarting

"Take the carb apart and clean

"Take the carb apart and clean it. IT is easy and well worth the time. Make sure all of the jets are clean. The best way I have found to get all the crap out is to disassemble it all the way removing all the jets and wash it out under pressure with water, then blow it out with an air compressor. Be careful not to lose any parts but this works very well. If this doesn't solve it then replace the fuel pump or bulb. Also you may want to look for leaks at any of the connections or at the bulb."

I havent had the cash to buy a

I havent had the cash to buy a new fuel pump yet but will soon. If that doesnt fix the problem then I will clean out the carb. If that dont work I will have to figure something out

clean the carbs first then pum

clean the carbs first then pump

to me it sounds like pump

when i rebuild carbs at my shop i always rebuild/replace the fuel pump also

Back