Logo

Engine swap

ckaysdad

i have a 898 merc. 305 1980 mo

i have a 898 merc. 305 1980 model ccr rotation i want to replace it with a previously purchased 79-85 350 4bolt main crate engine what parts can interchange and what modifications need to be made thanks for any help

"Not sure what rotation you ha

"Not sure what rotation you have.
Standard engine rotation is LH, meaning if you look from the front, all belt driven parts are turning CW.
Is the 350 a marine engine?
If not, it will not have a marine cam, valves, head gaskets, oil pan, distributor, carb, or frost plugs, for starters.
If the rotation is the same, most all external parts should swap over though.
Rod"

the crate motor is a standard

the crate motor is a standard 79-85 350 4 bolt maine the mercruiser is a ccw rotation 898 at least that is what a sticker says crate motor is long block with standard parts from those years crank cam heads etc i could sell crate engine or just change to make work for my application i am open for any suggestions all answers will be much appreciated

"It should just Bolt Up,+

"It should just Bolt Up,+ Run.........
Last time I checked,.... 1980 is right between 1979,+ 1985........
I don't see the Issue, or the Question........"

"LIke Bondo says, if its a mar

"LIke Bondo says, if its a marine crate engine you should be good to go.
Check the drive ratio; you should have 1.50
Rod"

sorry to mislead you the crate

sorry to mislead you the crate motor is standard application bought through parts store 350 4 bolt main 79-85 i originally bought this motor for s-10 changeover but my boat needs a motor and it came with a mercruiser 898 305 i know some things are interchangeable does anyone know what will and will not work all answers appreciated

Back