Logo

Same stalling problem

dawgs

Regular Contributor
ok i checked out the carb and

ok i checked out the carb and everything looks ok...when i throttle up very slowly the fuel trickles out into the carb...when i throttle up quicker the fuel shoots in like a jet...so thats working correct (i think)...now what??? the wire may have helped the stalling going in and out of gear but it still bogs down and stalls out between 700 and 1000 rpms....any ideas?

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

Have you tried enrichening the

Have you tried enrichening the idle mixture? It sounds like you are going too lean in the just-off-idle region.
Rod

"Look to see if the accelerato

"Look to see if the accelerator pump has a richer setting. Some carbs allow the linkage to be changed to produce a bigger shot of fuel. If so, put the linkage in the richest position.

JEff"

ill try the idle mixture again

ill try the idle mixture again. the accelerator pump has no adjustments on it as far as i can see

if the dwell is off will this problem happen?
what about the gap?

ok i adjusted the barrel on th

ok i adjusted the barrel on the throttle cable....seems as if the fuel wasnt shooting into the carb at exactly the right time....now its a little better...ill toy around with it and try to correct the problem that way.....DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

SG:

Thanks. I'll chang

SG:

Thanks. I'll change my manual. That will make a difference on your engine. Good luck.

Thanks Scott.

i cant win....i messed with th

i cant win....i messed with that barrel...seems to throttle up without stalling but i think its because its idling so fast...it says about 800 on the tach but it seems like more than that.(can it be because its not in the water"?..when it goes into gear it seems real high...same thing with reverse...seems like its slamming into "R"

now what?

Back