Logo

Upgrade Mariner 1995 30 HP to 40 HP new carburator

olivierhegy

"Bonjour (Graham Lamb &#41

"Bonjour (Graham Lamb )

My dealer has replaced my old carburator reference WME 3301-824924-C (reference writen on the carburetor which should be the original carburetor WME xxx for my 30 HP) by a new carburetor WME 67 with order reference 3301-821383T18 (but with reference 3301-824854C1 writen on the new carburetor).

I have two questions:

Q1) I do not understand why the order reference for the new carburetor is 3301-821383T18 but it is written 3301-824854C1 on the new carburetor?

Is there any mapping rule for these 2 references to be sure it is a WM 67? Does it include Reed Valves?

I cannot see any ordering references for the Reed Valves. Should my local dealer had ordered sperately ?

Q2) After testing the new carburetor WM67, indeed I cannot no real difference in term of boat speed in comparaison with the old carburetor. My boat seems to run at the same speed.

should we expect a real difference with a 40 HP replacing a 30 HP ?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Cordialement,
Olivier"

"Hi I am very interested in th

"Hi I am very interested in this discussion, I have a late 80's early 90's mariner 30hp oil injection(yamaha built I'm told) model and I wonder if this carb upgrade modification will work on my engine, can u help?"

"Hi
If the technical document

"Hi
If the technical documentation is the same for 30 and 40 HP, just check that the technical features are the same. This is the case for my 30 HP Mariner 95. May be the case for Yamaha. The limitation for Mariner was only the Carburator Plus the admission of oil + air.
Hope this help"

Back