Logo

Tamd41 max 2000rpm first 2 min then full power

M

Maynard Rupp

"Our 200hp Volvo TAMD 41 will

"Our 200hp Volvo TAMD 41 will only go to 2000 rpm for the first 2 min.even at full throttle. This occurs after starting either warm or cold. It is smooth. After 2 min. the RPM accelerates but not real quickly. 3750 rpm is now possible. Engine runs fine therafter until you stop for about 20 minutes, then the 2000 RPM limit occurs again."

"If You do not reach around 24

"If You do not reach around 2400-2600 the turbo will not kick in.
The reason might be several, most common is bottom condition, wheight encrease of boat during season, prop profile change/dammage.
I take it for granted that the flters are clean and there is no fuel supply problem."

"We will check the prop...The

"We will check the prop...The engine is putting out white smoke at idle and up to the 2200 RPM point. Then brown smoke comes out and the engine accelerates to normal max rpm. Turbo seems to rotate smoothly. Sometimes when returned to idle, no white smoke. Engine now accelerates normally. If we see smoke, it hangs at 2200."

"Hi Maynard,

It sounds like

"Hi Maynard,

It sounds like a problem with the injectors. There should be some diesel coming out of the exhaust with the cooling water also. This indicates that one or more injectors are defective.
But please check your fuelfilters first. Any problem with the supply will give a drop in RPM as well although this should not disappear after 20 minutes.

Good luck,
Leo"

"I have a AD41/DP. In neutral

"I have a AD41/DP. In neutral it will top out max RPM, in gear under a load it will not go past 2000 RPM. In neutral have bueish white exhaust, in gear under load black exhaust. Injector pump has been rebuilt. Turbo vanes are free. The gate in the exhaust is solenoid controled and I didn't see any change in its position whether in gear or in neutral. Any ideas."

"hi,i've experienced the s

"hi,i've experienced the same for more than 10 yrs (AD31P & AD31L). engine compartment is probably poorly ventilated and/or engines slightly/nearly overpropped. A cold start always has a small power reduction because of the thicker oil. After a restart the temp of the air intake is initially much warmer than normal and the after cooler does not work 100%, both because the environment was warmed up during the resting period.

pls let me know if you got other advice that would make me change my mind."

Back