Logo

2000 50 HP yamaha running rough

"Ok..my motor seems so run alr

"Ok..my motor seems so run alright and as it warms up, probly after an hour of run time at low trolling speed it runs really rough and stalls out. Just yesterday i was out pulling a tube and it was running good at high end and i took a sharp corner on a wave and the motor came partly out of the water and the RPM's spun up a little before i backed off the throttle. Now the engine will not go over 2400 RPM's at half throttle or wide open its just the same. I can't believe that running the motor at 5000 RPM for 5 seconds would cause this problem. Thanks for any replies."

If that is indeed the problem

If that is indeed the problem what can i do to fix or check it..I was begining to think a bad coil was the problem and that it was only firing 2 cylinders because i had a motor with a bad coil do a similar thing. But this yamaha runs nice at the 2400 rpm..the only time its rough if when im idling and i think thats a whole different problem and the carbs just need to be cleaned.

"It'l be a week or so befo

"It'l be a week or so before i can get it into the shop im still a beginner with 4-strokes and having 4 carbs, im used to the good old 1 carb 2 stroke engines. Thanks for your help."

Oh geez im sorry I sure did..

Oh geez im sorry I sure did.. I ended up taking it in I've been short on time lately and there was a gasket around one of the carbs that was bad...and apparently the fuel filter was clogged which is strange because i replaced it no more then 4 hours before it started happening..but anyways its fixed and runs good thanks for the help.

Back