Logo

888 302 Ford Mercruiser leaking starboard side

ezirider

Contributing Member
I took my boat to the mechanic

I took my boat to the mechanic he ran it for 30 minutes with the water ears said would not leak.. but when out on the boat about 3500 RPM's it will blow water up from below over the starboard valve cover and maniflow.. water gets in the carb and distrib and starts cutting out out back off to about 3000 RPM's and it will stop leaking and run right.. I have tightend all the hose clamps can't find the leak.. any idea's

"You're There,+ We&#39

"You're There,+ We're Not........

You've got to Look,+ SEE..........."

that's the problem.. I too

that's the problem.. I took the engine cover off and took out the side seats laid down and still can't see were it coming from.. I was wanting the most likely place to start.. replacing hoses or boots

"A loose drain plug on the blo

"A loose drain plug on the block or manifold or a defective freeze plug that gives under hot water pressure. Pull the drain plugs out, probe the holes to allow sediment out and reinstall."

I took out the rear seats and

I took out the rear seats and the engine cover and ran it and found a leak that did not open up until it reached about 3500 rpm's it was in the back side of the starboard exhaust boot under the elbow.. the water was spraying into the arrester and on my distibuter causing it to cut out.. not she runs great

Jack:

Feels great to solve

Jack:

Feels great to solve the problem yourself. Good trouble shooting. Thanks for telling us the solution. Good boating!

Back