Logo

Omc guys NEED HELP

jeff

Contributing Member
THE BOAT is going in tommorow

THE BOAT is going in tommorow and tonight i started it up for a pre season blowout and the warning buzzer is going off . well it sounds like a buzzing from the control box its an 84 evinrude 115 vro here is the thing the motor isnt overheating but the buzzer is consistent . any ideas ?

"Jeff.... Just for a refresher

"Jeff.... Just for a refresher, on your engine... a steady beep (buzz) indicates a overheat problem. A beep every 20 seconds indicates the oil supply level is down to the 1/4 tank level. A beep every other second idicates that either the VRO has failed, or a oil restrictions exists.

Now, you've specified a overheating problem. However, if you are absolutely sure that you DO NOT have a overheating problem, the only other possibility is that the warning horn has developed a problem internally, or the horn terminal that leads to the sensors has grounded out somehow. The original horn for your engine was a 2 wire (2 terminal) electrical/mechanical type horn. The replacement horn is a 3 wire (2 terminals plus a ground wire) electronic type horn. The electronic horn is known to malfunction internally at times!

Note... with the engine cold, and turning the key on... if you have the electronic horn, there will be a short beep. If you have the electrical/mechanical type horn, you will hear nothing. If, with a cold engine, and turning the key on, the horn beeps constantly... the horn is faulty or that tan sensor lead is shorting out. Hope I haven't omitted anything.

Joe
"

" Hi Joe,

I'm brand new

" Hi Joe,

I'm brand new to this forum. I just purchased a '96 Johnson 130. The only problem I'm having is that the tilt/trim will only go up. I have to use the manual release to go down. It does work occasionally so I think the switches are O.K. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. "

"Mike... That PTT motor is a t

"Mike... That PTT motor is a two wire type that incorporates a normal/reverse polarity setup. So if it works in even one direction, the electric motor's okay. Follow the PTT wiring and you will find a small black box that houses two (2) relays, a small terminal (wiring connection) area, etc. Your problem is, no doubt, one of those relays are faulty. To prove this, use a small jumper to go from the "Red" (12v) wire in that black box to the "Blue" and then the "Green" wire that leads directly to the PTT electric motor. If the PTT operates in both directions when jumped in this manner, the relay (one) is faulty.

Joe
"

could somebody help me out --

could somebody help me out -- where do I find a bowl gasket for a wizard 3 1/2 hp. outboard?
any reply will be greatly apprc. (my father fiddles with whatever he finds!!)

"Joseph.... What is the outsid

"Joseph.... What is the outside diameter measurement of the bowl, and how thick is the bowl at that sealing area?

Joe
"

HELP! Where can I purchase th

HELP! Where can I purchase the 2 relays that controll the tilt/trim motor up & down operation?

Back