Logo

99 115 Yamaha Motor and Tild and Trim Dead

chrisrus50

My dad came down for the weeke

My dad came down for the weekend so we take out my boat this morning and fired up no problem ran great for first 2 miles then I tried to plane up again was about to plane and then if felt like the prop had spun the pin out. I then noticed that my tilt and trim was acting funny. Didnt work then it kicked in and would work then stopped then nothing. Power lift still worked. I Idled back and then cut the motor to check what was wrong then I get nothing when I try to turn it over it's completely dead. Changed Batterys and still nothing. Everything else is fine. Battery is good. I can't find the ignition fuse to check it. Any suggestions?

"Thanks for the reply. Where

"Thanks for the reply. Where is the ignition fuse
located in the motor? I checked two fuses and both looked good in the motor. The fuses I checked are just inside the motor by the tilt switch. Do u know if this motor has a reset safety switch that may have been triggered and not letting me start it again as a
precaution or do you just think it's the fuse. Thanks
so much for your help.

Chris Steinbruck
Corpus Christi

Chris Steinbruck
[email protected]"

i have a similiar problem. 99

i have a similiar problem. 99 115 yamaha 2-stroke outboard Is the more fuses in the motor area other than two near the trim switch and is there a reset........or a reset switch. I had not started my boat for a while....battery was low.....put the jumper on it .....starter started to turn.....then nothing....i did check the two fuses under the cover and they are fine.....there where two others in the wiring harness in the console and they are fine. just hoping there's a reset switch somewhere....could it be possible the ignition switch went bad....doesnt appear to have any burnt wires etc......any help would be appreciated.....

Back