Logo

Best way to get oil out of carpet

bill_k

Regular Contributor
3 quarts of oil spilled on the

3 quarts of oil spilled on the carpet of the boat and need a way to get it all up and clean again.. PLEASE HELP.. by the way I didn't do it but it was somewhat my fault...

Get a carpet cleaner that inje

Get a carpet cleaner that injects hot cleaning solution into the carpet and vacuums it up. Also get a container of defoaming solution to put into the water recovery tank. Wipe up as much oil as possible. Get a large bottle of DAWN liquid dish detergent and apply it by hand liberally by rubbing it into the oil stain. Allow it to breakdown the oil for a few minutes and then apply the hot water to the stain and vacuum the dirty solution. The defoamer in the recovery tank will take care of the suds created. Repeat the procedure until clean.

"Bill K
First thing you need

"Bill K
First thing you need to do is beat who ever spilled the oil with a stick.
Then clean up the majority of the spill using paper towel to blot it out without making the spill spread, then if you can find some clear window cleaner (it must be the clear type not one of the blue tinted ones )use it to remove the remainder and to prevent the stain being locked in by other cleaning agents.
I repeat it, "MUST BE CLEAR WINDOW CLEANER", it will just look like water in a bottle but it works great on cleaning stains out of carpet, even red wine stains !!

( Copius amounts of salt on the oil stain will also help suck it out of the carpet )

Cheers
Peter C"

Back