Logo

4108 rpm changes

P

pride II

I have a 1976 4 108 that usual

I have a 1976 4 108 that usually runs great. Lately I have noticed the engine speed up a couple of hundred RPMs for just a few seconds and then back down. It will also drop down a few hundred and then back up. Nevers sputters or coughs. Changed the fuel filters but doesn't seem to help. Any thoughts

"I have the same engine, same

"I have the same engine, same year and the same problem except it just revsup not down. I had 2 mechanics working on this problem and both thought it was air being sucked on the low pressure side of the fuel lines. After a pressure test one discovered that the dain valve of the prefilter was leaking. We changed the prefillter for a Rackor and the problem was solved for about 150 hours , then it started again. The second mechanic retightened all the connections on the fuel lines. Did not solve anything. I am waiting for a third mechanic to check everything again. This one tinks it might be retriction in the fuel lines which obliges the governor demand more fuel... (dirty fuel, clogged lines...???). He wont work on my boat until next wendsday. I'll keep you informed. [email protected]"

Back