Logo

50 bogging

W

WAYNE FERRELL

"I HAVE A 96 5.0 THAT IS BOGGI

"I HAVE A 96 5.0 THAT IS BOGGING AFTER 1000 R.P.M . CARB HAS BEEN REBUILT, NEW WATER SEPERATOR,COIL,PLUGS,CAP,ROTOR,SENSOR INSIDE DIST,PLUG WIRES. CARB WAS REBUILT IN MAY AND RAN VERY WELL."

ALSO I NEED TO ADD THAT IT RUN

ALSO I NEED TO ADD THAT IT RUNS PERFECT ON LAND WITHOUT ANY LOAD. BUT IN THE WATER IT JUST BOGGS OUT!!!!!!! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Is the timing correct? Good a

Is the timing correct? Good and clean plugs? Make the mixture adjustment a 1/2 turn richer and see what happens.

what should the timming be set

what should the timming be set at ? found the dist loose but snug. I also am running a thunderbolt ign. dont know if that will be a difrent setting for the timming? I will pull plugs and see what they look like. Thanks

Wayne:

Seloc manual lists y

Wayne:

Seloc manual lists your engine timing at 8 deg. BTDC. Make sure you hold your timing light directly overhead of the timing marks or you may set it off a little.

thanks guy. Will check and let

thanks guy. Will check and let ya know

Tried to set timming today. Bu

Tried to set timming today. But when I set at 8 deg BTDC it back fires . I have tried setting it at idle and at 1500 RPM. Still no luck. Any suggestions? It also has the thunderbolt IV

"Wayne:

The timing per SELO

"Wayne:

The timing per SELOC is 8 deg. BTDC and the timing is checked with the inductive light connector attached to #1 spark plug wire. No wires are grounded if you have a carb. engine.

The idle is 650-700 RPMs under load, plugs are AC MR44T, gap is 0.035".

Timing won't adjust:

Perform "Tests for Thunderbolt Ignition"

W/ignition key on AND BILGE WELL VENTILATED OF GAS FUMES!!!

#1 - Connect your voltmeter neg. lead to the engine ground and pos. lead to the white/red wire terminal at the dist. It should read 12 volts.

#2 - If 12 volts is present, remove the coil spark wire from the distributor and connect it to a spark gap tester to ground. Remove the white/green lead from the dist. terminal. Turn the ign. key to on and strike the white/green lead to ground. If there is spark, replace the ignition sensor in the dist.

#3 - If there is no spark, substitute a new coil and repeat test #2. Now if you get spark, install a new coil. NO SPARK, replace ign. amp.

#4 - In #2, if there is No voltage present, disconnect the white/red wire and check it again for 12 volts. If 12 volts is present, replace the ignition sensor inside the dist. cap. If no 12 volts present w/it disconnected--ignition amplifier is shot and must be replaced"

Back