Logo

Looking at Rebuilt Vmax 200

sc446

"I am looking at a rebuilt 200

"I am looking at a rebuilt 2002 Vmax 3.1l 200. The compression is 100,100,100,100,100,95. This seems low for a rebuild, or could it be due to rings not being seated yet? This motor would replace a 1990 Suzuki DT200 how does it compare in weight? I have search the forum and can't find specific information on this motor. Also any chance of reusing the suzuki controls? Last Question, Why would such a new motor fail, these seem to have a good reputation from what I have read? Sorry about so many questions at once Curious minds need to know.
wink.gif
"

"Steve, not familiar with big

"Steve, not familiar with big Yami's but a 2002 rebuilt - was either built real bad (unlikely) or severly neglected/abused. Would make me wonder what else (read lower end) may be in bad shape.

And I would agree with you about the compression. Personally, I would be looking for at least 20 psi higher for each cylinder if it was just rebuilt.

If the price was at such a discount as to allow for a lower unit replacement should that fail on you (compared to others of this vintage), I may look at it - otherwise, I think I would look elsewhere..."

Back