Logo

Inline oil injectorwhat can i useis there such a animal

R

rbordeau

"i have a 10 hp kicker motor 1

"i have a 10 hp kicker motor 1954 johnson.it has a 3 gallon gas can.i have it out on my swim platform.i am a troller.i keep running out of mixed gas.sick of carrying a can of gas on boat and refueling with the waves,its not fun.does anyone have anything i can rig up to my big gas tank.is there such a thing as a inline oil injector.i will drill a hole threw the transom."

"1954 kicker--sure got your mo

"1954 kicker--sure got your money out of it. Never heard of an inline oil injector. I suggest that you install a portable 6 gal. fuel tank in the stern area and run your hose over the stern. If you want to cut a hole in the transom for the fuel line, consider the problems that could arise from a fuel leak. Perhaps you could install the same fuel tank hose connector on the ouside of the transom so the kicker would have a removeable fuel connection and fuel leak problems could be reduced. Permanently installed fuel tanks come in a variety of shapes and sizes for your kicker motor that would allow you to fit it into a limited space and provide sufficient fuel.

An alternative is to change to a 4 cycle kicker and run it off of your primary fuel tank. You'll need a shutoff valve assy. to control fuel flow."

Back