Logo

Winterize mcm120

starcraft1

can someone help a new boat gu

can someone help a new boat guy.what needs to be done on the gm inline 4 cylinder to get ready for the freezing weather in michigan. do I need anything special. approx yr 79-82

"well i can tell you what i do

"well i can tell you what i do.its been working fine for me.i live in upstate n.y..1.i put dry gas and antifreeze in the tank.then i hook up a set of ear muffs with a 7 to 10 foot clear hose with a funnel on the end,i will run the motor at a idle dumping 4 to 5 gallons of pink antifreeze down the funnel.then at a high idle i dump about 3/4 of a quart of oil down the carb untill the motor dies.thats the way i leave it.i save the cheap spark plugs for this.i also make sure the tank has only 1/8 full of gas.the following year i fill the tank.hook up the hose.turn the motor over quite a few times.sometimes it starts up and smokes for a minute or two then it clears up.sometimes it takes a couple of min to get her going.put in new plugs.i did this for three years and never had a problem.but im new to boats to.local marina should charge like 100 to do it for you.im cheap and i dont like people working on my stuff cause i dont like being towed back to the dock because of some one else.hope this helps you.happ winter. lol lol lol"

"rbordeau:

I hope you are

"rbordeau:

I hope you are using a light wt. oil like 2 cycle oil. Too much oil, which does not compress, in a cylinder can bend a rod if the starter and battery are in tip top shape.

Patrick:

Get a used manual for your particular year engine from eBay. Follow the directions for winterizing. Use engine fogging oil in a spray can. It is designed to stick to the cylinder walls and entire intake system to prevent rust."

Back