Logo

Dont know my prop pichratio

R

rbordeau

"1971 searay 220srv with 165hp

"1971 searay 220srv with 165hp str 6.everything brand spanking new/wallet empty and in debt.i am turning 3300 rpm wide open,the book says 3900 to 4200.i cant read numbers on my prop.there is no type of numbers on prop nothing.looks like original 1971 prop.3 blade cast.at 3300 rpm im doing 27 mph.does this sound right.what size should i buy.is there any way to measure the one on the boat.one other problem i installed a battery isolator.i have a one wire delco alternator.when i hooked up the isolator my gauge dont read.i ran wire from alternator to isolator and then form battery 2 terminal on isolator back into wiring harness.the altenator wire runs from alternator threw wiring harness to gauge on dash.there is 3 terminals on isolator battery 1,alternator,battery 2.i have talked to at least a dozen marinas and nobody knows.there are some really dumb boat shops in upstate n.y. one boat shop has been in business for 50 years and never installed a isolator,CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.help me please"

"use the prop finder chart att

"use the prop finder chart attached. For type, select #2. You'll need to know the weight of your boat "loaded", maximum RPMs, HP = 165, altitude = # of feet above sea level--guess 500' unless you are on the coast or in the mountains to fill in these numbers.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_msexcel.gif""" align=left alt=""application/vnd.ms-excel"">prop finder
[url=""][b]Copy of Boat_Speed_Finder-79780.xls[/b][/url] (22.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Back