Logo

1990bs 99 yamaha impeller replacement

R

Rampage

I have the 4 bolts off of the

I have the 4 bolts off of the foot and I cannot lower the foot do I have all bolts off? (None under the trim tab)

I don't see alot of Yami&#

I don't see alot of Yami's but does it have a 1 piece shift shaft? still connected at the powerhead end of things???

"It does, but on this unit you

"It does, but on this unit you undo it about midway down, there is a connector that is accesible. I have not undone that yet, but there is enough play that the foot should seperate."

Any chance that maybe the driv

Any chance that maybe the drive shaft is stuck up at the power head? Was the lower unit off in the last couple of years.

(just asking) have your tried to put some leverage to get the unit to part (pad a screwdriver with a rag)?

I've had the engine for 6

I've had the engine for 6 years just sitting in the shed. I want to sell it so I went to fire it up and of course no tell tale stream. So on to the impeller replacement. Good thought about the shaft in the head. If it is ...any remedie?. also where would I place the screw diver with the rag? I have heated the bolts on the lower unit and used liquid wrench with slight beating with a hammer and 2x4 on the lower fins to no avail yet. The killer of course is I have a buyer as soon as repaired!

"Sorry, I thought that you had

"Sorry, I thought that you had a little bit of separation between the lower unit and the leg. From what you are saying now, they are still together snug??"

Yes they are. I have not been

Yes they are. I have not been able to break the seal yet

I had the same problem pulling

I had the same problem pulling the gearcase off my yami 9.9. What I learned was to take a torch to the bolts holding the leg to the upper unit. Just heat as much as you can then tap with a hammer to knock out the corrosion. It takes a while but it worked for me.

I am currently looking at a la

I am currently looking at a late 90's 9.9h.p. 2 stroke that is for sale and wondered how these hold up if treated well? Thanks for the input

Mac Dee Thanks that did the tr

Mac Dee Thanks that did the trick...like you said patience but it eventually broke free.

Drew...This is a 9.9 4stroke and I have no time on it. I just kind of acquired it. Sorry

Now the next question...how do I repair the fin I broke off (I thought I was being gentle)

Back