Logo

BF100 Leaking Oil

dank

I am getting brownish oil leak

I am getting brownish oil leaking from right side of the motor under the cowling. It is the same place that the carb bowl drains from.

I was having some carb issue before this started. I am not sure if they are related.

Thanks.

"My brother's BF100 is sim

"My brother's BF100 is similarly leaking oil (due to a clogged cooling system and subsequent overheating.) A mechanic told us he needs to replace the gaskets. Unfortunately, Honda no longer supplies these but he will install them if we can find them. A possible problem for both of us*: I searched the web for several hours trying to find after-market gaskets. So far I have come up with a big zero. If I find some, though, I'll let you know. If you or some other reader find out where these can be purchased, I would appreciate it very much if you would let me know. Thanks and good luck.

* You might look at one of the threads above which indicates that merely cleaning the carbs may correct this. We haven't tried that yet -- but I'll let you know if it works."

If you follow that tube around

If you follow that tube around the engine you find it is a drain for the cylinder head. My problem turned out to be one cylinder not firing. There was other evidence that this was the issue but I didn't put 2+2 together.

Back