Logo

Alarm on 40hp yamaha

bjen91

"i have a 40hp Yamaha(C40P

"i have a 40hp Yamaha(C40PLRT) and when i go full throttle i get an alarm, i put it in neutral and it goes away. the alarm only happens when i put it in full throttle, any other speed is fine? any ideas on what it could be? i dont have a manual or a tach."

no we still have the alarm. we

no we still have the alarm. we are thinking of taking it to the marina to have them look at it. do you think it could be the impeller? we are trying to sell the boat and dont want to sell a bad egg.

is that something i can handle

is that something i can handle by myself. im not a mechanic by any means but i can do alot. is either of those parts a complicated itstallation? thanks

"yeah, im almost sure i can ta

"yeah, im almost sure i can tackle the repair, i just need to find out if there is anything special i need to get the job done, and if there is something i cant forget to do when i change it out. do i need a whole repair kit? thats probably the smart thing to do huh?"

i would buy a whole repair kit

i would buy a whole repair kit
if you need help finding one i will point you in the right direction

i can just go up to my local y

i can just go up to my local yamaha dealer and pry get one! thanks though. i will pry have to hit you up when i get it torn into!!

Back