Logo

1989 43 Cobra

sproat330

"We had a cracked head on our

"We had a cracked head on our boat and made the necessary repairs, but now the boat wont start. It is turning over, but wont fire up. We are getting spark so we are thinking the timing is off, please help."

"Andy- Distributor will only s

"Andy- Distributor will only seat in two positions. If it is off by 180 degrees a quick way to fix is to crank engine until timing mark on crank pully lines up with 0 on timing mark. At this point you are either TDC #1 or 180 degrees from TDC. Then check and mark where the rotor on the distributor is pointing to. Slowly pull out the distributor, the rotor will turn as the distributor gears un-mesh. With distributor out, rotate rotor 180 degrees from where you marked it before you pulled distributor out. Replace distributor and try starting."

fisrts determind what srtoke

fisrts determind what srtoke your engine is on pull the #1 plug hand crank till you fell the compression sroke and turn it till tdc on timing mark and then pull the cap off dist and see if its pointing to the wire that goes to the #1 plug /the one you pulled then tighten everything down and try to start it should start if not turn the distributer a little each way untill it starts and then use a timing light and set the timing

"I had just about the same pro

"I had just about the same problem. Turned out the every spark plug went bad except two, wich allowed it to fire but ran like crap."

I have 1989 sunbird 195-bow ri

I have 1989 sunbird 195-bow rider. The trailer is in bad shape I need to repair the crossbars. Can you pull the boat off the trailer in the yard on to blocks so I can get it repaird.its going to take some time and I cant afford doc storage and how hard is it to do?
thanks

"I have 20"1989 sunbird 19

"I have 20"1989 sunbird 195-bow rider i need to repair or buy a new one.if i was to buy what type of tralier do i buy it has a roller trailer now but will a bunk trailer work and how do i know it for a v bottom.heres a trailer i was looking at will this type work sorry iam new at this. thanks walker
150443.jpg
boat trailer

Back