cyl 2 155
cyl 3 140
cyl 4 140
so i have a blown head gasket in which is causing
my over heating problem.

"Craig

You may have a blown

"Craig

You may have a blown head gasket but there are other tests to do to confirm that, so far all I can see is that you are down a bit on 1 cylinder but average for an engine with a few hours on it for the rest.
Although expensive ( atleast they are here )you can buy a kit that detects the presence of combustion gases in your coolant system ( if it is a closed system )it uses a dye system that changes colour if there is an indication of a gasket being blown into the cooling system.
If your local marine service guy has a test kit he may test it for a fee for you and then you will know where you stand.

Keep this string going so we can follow your progress try not to start a new topic if it is the same problem you are dealing with otherwise it makes it to hard to track back and see what you have done.

Cheers
Peter C"

"How is the engine running oth

"How is the engine running otherwise. If there are sticking valves or rings the engine will run poorly, or there will be alot of blowby in the crank case. How do the spark plugs look ? Are they all the same. I would asume you checked the water pump already. I hope you find it."

Back