Logo

02 150vmax

G

glen striefel

I have a 2002 Vmax. I had been

I have a 2002 Vmax. I had been having some goofy problems with the tach and I figured I had that licked after finding some loose connections. Last week I took it to the lake dropped it in and it ran perfect as usual. I loaded and move to a differant area and put it back in the water it started up and died followed by an alarm. Every time I would turn the key on it was quiet when I went to the crank postion an alarm would sound and all it would do is crank. I decided to fish with the T8 and spent the day on the lake later i played with the kill switch and it started up and ran fine to get it loaded. Any sugestions ?? I can't tell what kind of alarm I am getting. Thanks so much.

"Glen, usually the two main ca

"Glen, usually the two main causes for an alarm are lack of oil or too much heat.

Investigate both - if it has oil, appears to be pumping water fine (and intakes are clear of debris), you could try disconnecting the sensors one at a time to find what is causing the alarm..."

Of course the alarm has quit s

Of course the alarm has quit so I can't troubleshoot it. My other question would be this if by chance the kill switch was acting up would it effect the oil sensor so that as you cranked the engine it would alarm until you went back to the off position. It did not alarm until I started to crank the engine.And the engine would not start until the alarm quit. Hard to explain but hope you got it.

Back